Monday, November 13, 2023

Bookshops & Bonedust

Travis Baldree (Fate, Torchlight, Rebel Galaxy, do I really need to list any more?) is writing novels now. 

I mentioned Legends & Lattes, his first book, a year or so ago. It was terrific, and was also incredibly successful commercially, so I've been looking forward to his second.

It came out last week, and it's called Bookshops & Bonedust. I'm happy to report I enjoyed it even more than the first, and it also has one of my favorite fictional characters ever (Satchel).

What makes Travis's writing special, to me, is that it's frictionless. Nothing ever gets in the way of your absorption in the story. Page after page turn with nothing to stop you, nothing to take you out of its world. It's a rare quality for a writer to have.

Do yourself a favor and have a look. Oh, and you don't have to believe just me. Travis won Best New Writer at the Hugo Awards and Legends & Lattes was a runner-up for Best Novel.

I expect him to win a Grammy next, or maybe an Academy Award, because these books are definitely going to optioned for films.

Good guys win. Again.

Site Meter