Tuesday, December 12, 2023

The Tree (plant, really)

There's been a plant in the laundry room since I came back to the house.

It's cold in the laundry room and inhospitable for humans, let alone plants, but somehow it's survived, even though I only remember to water it when the soil gets crunchy.

Today, I had a thought. Why am I not trying to help this plucky bit of greenery survive?

I've had other plants, but they were dramatists, the plant versions of Sylvia Plath sticking her head in the oven. Even with an inordinate amount of care, they wilted away. 

All the while I neglected this hardy, pioneer-spirited champion in the laundry room. So today, I brought it upstairs. It genuinely doesn't look good:






The thing is, though, maybe sunlight will help, and a little more attention. As Linus says:
I never thought it was such a bad little tree. It's not bad at all, really. Maybe it just needs a little love.







Site Meter