Wednesday, February 28, 2024

An All-timer

I lived in Texas for many years, so I've seen crazy and downright bizarre weather on a regular basis. 

Today, though, I think I have weather's lifetime achievement award.

Yesterday, it was 74F. I woke up this morning and it was 24 and snowing.

50 degrees in 12 hours, roughly, plus snow and a wind chill below 10. It snowed all day, too, even though it didn't stick for more than a few hours because the ground was so warm.

24 in February is far more normal up here than 74. Yesterday was the warmest day in February in 100 years.

Eli 22.6 called me last week and wanted to have a short story writing contest. He said he needed to write more, and knowing I was writing one as well would make him sit down and carry it through. 

I know. I'm writing a book. I still work on it every day, even with a sudden side project.

The story is short--only two pages--and I sent it to him today. Strong first and last lines. The rest could be much better. I'll go back after the second draft of the book is finished (in June, probably) and work on it.

Site Meter