Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Unfortunate Abbreviation Theater, Vol. 4

No, I can't explain why most of these involve the "assal" region. They just do.

First, from Brian Witte:
There is a journal that I sometimes refer to, called Analytical Biochemistry. Unfortunately, the abbreviation used in the library catalog is "Anal. Biochem."... I feel so dirty reading it in public.

Better yet, there is a journal called "Analytical and bioanalytical chemistry" that is abbreviated "Anal and bioanal chem". I'm not sure what a non-biological anus is, but I'm really sure I don't want to investigate further.

Then, from Keith Schleicher:
When I was younger I went to Boy Scout camps and even staffed on one. One of the merit badges I helped out with was Cooking. One of the requirements was to make out a duty chart. Duties included a Head Cook, Assistant Cook, Head Cleaner, and Assistant Cleaner. Most of the time, the kids would have listed a Head Cook, Ass. Cook, Head Cleaner, and Ass. Cleaner.

Site Meter