Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Oblivion (part two)

From DQ reader Greg Wakolbinger:
Bethesda has said since the spring that the game was a holiday 2005 release. They said when they knew and were willing to share the exact date they would put it on the web page. They have not moved off that statement one inch since then. To me, everything else is pure conjecture. I will listen to the people making the game. Like you, I have been fairly sure the pc version would trail the 360 version just due to dedication of resources. However last week Pete Hines (the head PR guy) posted in the forums that "we said from the start that both versions will be released on the same day. That is not going to change."

Like I said, I hope I'm wrong about this. I thought Morrowind was a fantastic game and I can't wait to play Oblivion. If Bethesda can simultaneously ship both a PC version and a version for a new platform (within two weeks of being a launch title), and have both versions be complete and relatively bug-free, then it will be a tremendous achievement.

Site Meter