Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Contest Qualifier Questions

Okay, here we go. First, a few reminders and some additional information.

I decided to ask four questions instead of three in an attempt to reward people who have suffered the most and have the most knowledge about what I've written.

You must answer all of these questions correctly AND be in the first sixteen to do so. If I don't get a group of sixteen within twenty-four hours, I'll go back and select someone who answered three correctly (by random drawing out of the "three correct answers" group).

One entry per person, please.

I'm not going to respond to your entry until I post the list of sixteen who advance to the finals. I don't want a scenario where I tell someone their answers are all correct, then they e-mail some of their buddies with the answers and get them in, too. I know that's unlikely, but I'd really like to be as fair as possible.

Once the sixteen qualifiers are selected, everyone starts out even in the final round. There will be one question a day for five days (not including Saturday/Sunday), and you can find scoring details in the contest post from last Friday.

Okay, here we go. Here are the qualifier questions.
1. The first column I ever wrote for Gone Gold was about a toy I assembled for Eli. The name of the toy included an animal. What kind of animal was it?

2. How did I first hear from Stephanie Assham (it was also her first appearance in the column)?

3. I wrote a Gone Gold column with haiku about a particular body part. What part was it? (you might think it's an obvious answer, but you might be wrong)

4. Dan Sinking makes an occasional appearance in the column. He also has a rank. What is it?

There you go. Please put "CONTEST" in the subject line.

Site Meter