Monday, January 23, 2006

Chimps More Like Humans than Apes, Except for This One Guy Who's More Like a Moron

There's an interesting article over at MSNBC.
Chimps more like humans than apes
DNA analysis also shows they're evolving faster than humans

I can't say I'm surprised. Here's a headline that DQ reader Dan sent me last week
(http://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=1466437&CMP=OTC-RSSFeeds0312):
Barbie Accused of Being Part of the Transgender Movement
WASHINGTON, D.C., Jan. 3, 2006 — The Concerned Women for America were … well, concerned. Outraged, even. Was Barbie becoming part of the transgender movement?
On Dec. 30, CWA
, a leading Christian conservative group, noted on its Web site that on the Barbie Web site, www.Barbie.com, "there is a poll that asks children their age and sex."

You can see a screen grab of the poll here.

The age choices were 4 to 8 but children "are given three options for their choice of gender": I am a Boy, I am a Girl and I Don't Know.

Bob Knight, director of CWA's Culture and Family Institute, said Barbie manufacturer Mattel was being influenced by the "transgender movement."

To pose "this transgender question at little girls, they've really crossed the line," Knight said, who added that "bisexuality gender confusion" is the Web site's agenda, which is "very dangerous."

Based solely on this guy, I'm not sure we're still evolving at all. I'll bet on the chimp.

Oh, and if you'd like to see the full MSNBC article (which is very interesting), then here's the link: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10994885/.

Site Meter