Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Cake

Gloria made a cake with Eli 4.6 yesterday. Then she tried to ice it.

"Put that down... No, stop grabbing that... Let go of that... Argghhh!... I can't decorate this cake if you keep grabbing everything."

Eli 4.6 growled. I did everything I could to not burst out laughing.

"Are you listening to me?" she asked.

"The PROBLEM," he said, "is I just don't know HOW to listen." He then grabbed for something.

"I mean it," Gloria said, "you're about to get a timeout."

"Dude, back away from the mom," I said. "Slowly."

A few minutes later, the icing was completed without casualties or fatalities.

"Mommy, can I have some cake?" Eli asked.

"Not until after dinner," Gloria said.

"What about you, Daddy?" Eli asked.

"Hmm. I'm not sure," I said. "Am I allowed to have some cake?"

"Daddy can decide when to eat cake because he's a grown-up," Gloria said.

"Woo hoo!" I said. "I'm a grown-up!"

Site Meter