Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Typo Comedy Theater, Vol. 1

Here's what happens when I make a typo (which has since been corrected).

From DQ reader Mark Lahren:
"Here's the other thing: I'm not sure Elevation Partners is really making a serious attempt to buy Take-Two. This kind of thing also happens all the time--companies float rumors about themselves, hoping they gain some tractino, which might then attract the real interest of other companies. "
_____________________

I can see the meeting now:

"What do you say we float a little rumor about our company?"
"What would we want to do that for?"
[looks side to side, sneaky-like and whispers] "I've heard we could pick up a bit of Tractino on the side if we do."
"No shit?!?"
"Not so loud. Yeah, no shit."

"How much Tractino we talkin' about here?"
"I dunno. Two, mebby three."
"Hundred you mean?"

"Naw. Just two, mebby three. Christ, how much Tractino does a guy need anyways?"

Site Meter