Thursday, February 02, 2006

It's a Hard Knock Life

Well, I think we all knew this would happen sooner or later. Here's an excerpt
(http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/4643678.stm):

Man Lives in Tree After Domestic Spat
An Indian man has been living in a tree for the past 15 years despite passionate appeals by his mother to return home.

...Kapila Pradhan, 45, a resident of Nagajhara village in the eastern Indian state of Orissa, left home after an apparent tiff with his wife.

I've been telling Gloria for years after we argue that I was going to live in a tree. Maybe now she'll take me more seriously.

Here's more:
Kapila lives on whatever he can find to eat in the jungle.

"Since I left home I have hardly had any cooked food," he told the BBC News website from his tree-house 7.6m (25 feet) above the ground.

"Sometimes the villagers feed him during festive occasions," says a local resident Sukanta Dakua.

Dude, of course you don't have any cooked food--you're living in a freaking tree. And how exactly is "sometimes" evaluated by the villagers?

Site Meter