Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Soap

"Where do you think those go?" Gloria asked me as I came out of the shower this morning.

"Those?" I asked cautiously.

"Those pieces of soap that you leave when you get a new bar," she said. "How do you think those get out of the shower?"

"Well, I assumed they left the house and went to live in the shower of a much smaller person, where they could still make a contribution," I said. "Soap is just like a dog--it needs a job."

"Great," Gloria said.

"Glad I could help," I said, feeling refreshed after my shower, taken using a new bar of soap.

If you're expecting soap to be mentioned again and again, with some kind of clever tie-in to subsequent events, you will be disappointed. Soap's role is now completed. Exit stage left, chased by a bear.

Site Meter