Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Class Distinctions

From DQ reader Russ Harvey:
After work yesterday I cracked open the Guitar Hero case once more. Tried BatM, got blown up at less than 10%. Tried again, got blown up again, but a few percent further. On about the fifth try I played like one possessed and got to the low 90’s. A rocky period followed where I couldn’t get past that tricky segment in the middle, but after several tries I reached the point where I was failing every time between 92 and 98%.

Took a beer break, attached a new left hand so that I wouldn’t be sore from all the fret work, and managed to pass it (after much cursing) with the rock meter ominously pulsing crimson.

From the victor’s tier I call forth wine and song, relaxing as nubile young ladies dab me with scented cloths and select only the choicest of grapes for the champion to sample. From time to time I amble to the edge of the platform, and gaze at you far below, awaiting the day when I can welcome you here as a brother.

Until that time, of course, I will be unable to acknowledge you in public. Class distinctions, I’m sure you understand.

Site Meter