Sunday, June 11, 2006

Eli 4.10

Here are a few Eli 4.10 stories from the last week.

Eli held hands with a girl at Space camp on Thursday to cross the street. He told the story to Gloria, then said "That was a whole lotta major love!"
****

My niece is having a baby next month. We saw her on Saturday and she's big, as you would expect. Eli asked about babies, just to confirm what he already knows, then said "I've seen men with babies in their tummies." Which made we realize we had the baby discussion before the Dunlop discussion.
****

We were on our way to a birthday party on Saturday, and I put in the Rolling Stones album Beggar's Banquet. "Sympathy for the Devil" is the first cut on the disc, and I think it's one of the greatest rock songs ever recorded. We listen to it for a couple of minutes, and I ask Eli "So what do you think of this song? Do you like the music?"

He thought for a few seconds, then said "Is this the Biscuit Brothers?"

The Biscuit Brothers are a local group that sings children's songs. They do not, to the best of knowledge, perform Rolling Stones covers.
****

Sunday morning we were talking about gorillas while we were waiting for our waffles. I was explaining to him how wild animals had to be respected and couldn't be treated like pets. He thought about this for a little, then said "Mind your own business in the wild."

"That's right," I said. "Mind your own business."

"If you see a gorilla, don't make crazy faces and don't try to shake hands," he said.

"No," I said. "I wouldn't recommend that." Unless you were Diane Fosse, that is.

Site Meter