Thursday, June 22, 2006

Father's Day with Eli 4.10

"Happy Father's Day, Daddy!" Eli 4.10 shouts as he runs into our room and gives me a hug.

It's 6:02 a.m.

By 6:30 a.m., I had breakfast in bed: a toasted Pop-Tart delivered in my personal Pop-Tart holder and a Diet Pepsi. Ah, luxury.

We went to brunch with my Mom (because she was my Father as well), and later in the afternoon I was in my study reading e-mail. Eli came in and said "Daddy, have you been to the bathroom lately?"

"No, little man," I said. "Haven't needed to go."

"Okay!" he shouted, and ran out.

Fifteen minutes later, he came back. "Daddy, are you SURE you don't need to go to the bathroom?"

"I'm sure," I said, and he walked off.

Ten minutes later, he came back and said "Daddy, you HAVE to go to the bathroom."

"I really think I need to go to the bathroom," I said, and as I walked out of the study he was six inches behind me, pushing to get by. He squeezed past me and started laughing, then ran to the bathroom, where he lifted up the lid.

"LOOK!" he shouted. "FOOD COLORING in the TOILET!" He was laughing so hard he had to hold on to the bathtub for support. Green water in the toilet is the funniest thing a four-year old has ever seen.

Well, unless it's pink water in the upstairs toilet.

Site Meter