Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Resume

Our babysitter, who is wonderful and has watched Eli 4.11 for almost three years, graduated from nursing school and moved to San Diego. That means we've been interviewing for a new babysitter.

I remember when I put together my first resume (or CV for our European readers). I had no idea what really mattered or not, so I just put in everything, none of which really applied in the least to actually getting a job.

English majors. It's a miracle I don't drown when it rains.

We received a small batch of resumes from students who were responding to an ad we placed, and one of the girls worked at Red Robin, which is kind of a Fuddrucker's knock-off--an "upscale" hamburger place, in other words. The Red Robin restaurants have a mascot, and much to everyone's surprise, it's a red robin. They have an employee dress in this cartoony mascot outfit and walk around at night.

This is how she described her job at Red Robin: Hostess/Bird.

Site Meter