Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Cargo

I have one pair of "cargo" shorts that are my absolute favorites. These, actually.

I like them because they're both comfortable and incredibly durable. The fabric isn't thin, the zippers aren't flimsy, and they're well-made. I could see a pair lasting five years, and that's five years of "Texas use," where they can be worn nine months a year.

So after months of liking these shorts 10X as much as my other pairs, I decided to single-source. Why not just order more of these shorts and wear them all the time?

After I made the order, I told Gloria. "I ordered five pairs of these shorts," I said to Gloria, pointing to the pair I was wearing. "I'm standardizing."

"What waist size?" she asked.

"Thirty-four,"I said. I'm really a thirty-two, but I like the room.

"Oh, no," she said. "Those shorts hang on you like a TENT. Not only do you have no butt in those shorts, there's actually a GAP. Call back and change them to thirty-two's."

"I can't do that," I said. "The gap is part of the plan."

"The plan?"

"The safety plan," I said. "Listen, you don't want this superfine butt getting unshielded public exposure. Remember the footage of the Beatles at Shea Stadium? I don't want to walk through a mall and see women shrieking and passing out when I walk by. That's what would happen--I've got butt-risma."

"Do you remember that you sent me an article about the Germans developing an anti-stupid pill?" she asked.

"Yes," I said.

"How big can they make them?"

Site Meter