Monday, October 09, 2006

Heads Up

Gloria had some metallic ring thingie holding her blouse together today. It looked like a big "O."

"Honey, can you come over her for a second?" I asked, and she walked over. "What time is--oh, wait a minute, let me speak into the microphone," I said, moving my face directly in front of the O. "What time is dinner?"

"All right, mister," she said, walking back into the kitchen.

"Hey, don't step on any standing water wearing that,"I said.

In spite of this, she decided she wanted to talk to me after dinner.

"What do you think about Christopher Columbus?" she asked.

"Decent speed, but if you put him in man coverage he's definitely going to need safety help over the top," I said.

"Hey Dad!" Eli yelled from the top of the stairs. I walked over and we made faces at each other through the railing. Then we both ducked our faces behind the wall (I have no idea why), then looked back through the railing at the same time. We both burst out laughing, then did it again, and pretty soon we were both making faces at each other every time we came out from behind the wall.

"We were talking," Gloria said, just as I pulled my ears out and stuck out my tongue. "Never mind."

A few seconds later, after exhausting the funny face catalog, Eli and I sat down on the couch.

"Mom!" Eli shouted. "After this show is over let's go throw the football!" (I'm staying inside today because my face is an allergy tomato).

"All ri--"Gloria started to say, just as a whizzing Nerf football bounced off her head.

"HEADS UP!" Eli 5.2 said.

"I'm just basking in the love," Gloria said.

Site Meter