Thursday, November 09, 2006

Cyclops

I mentioned a month ago that Gloria had to wear her glasses because she'd burst a blood vessel in her eye. She hates her glasses.

Today, she walked in and said "I did it again."

"What?" I asked.

"Look," she said. She pulled up her eyelid and it was easy to see--another red patch. "Now I have to wear my glasses again."

"That's right," I said, "because I'm hiding your contacts."

"I'm worried that I hurt my eye," she said. "What if I really damaged it?"

"Well, I've never told you this before," I said, "but I find one-eyed women terribly sexy."

"Great," she said. "That's very comforting. So you're big on a Cyclops girl."

"I'm not a big fan of an eye in the middle of the forehead," I said. "I still prefer the illusion of symmetry, even if half of that symmetry is a super ball from a vending machine."

She's going to the opthamologist today.

Site Meter