Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Oh, Mom

Eli 5.3 wanted to watch a video before he went upstairs for his bath.

"Mom, you promised that I could watch a video when we got home," he said.

"No, I didn't," Gloria said.

"You did say it--you just didn't hear yourself," he said.

Gloria packed something different in his lunch this week. She made a little quesadilla with a corn tortilla and cheese (the teachers will warm up stuff in the microwave). He didn't eat it of, course, even though the teachers apparently make them for a snack occasionally.

"Eli, you didn't try your quesadilla," she said, when she opened up his lunch box after they got home.

"Nope," he said.

"Quesadilla?" I asked.

"I didn't have any flour tortillas, so I used corn," she said.

"Oh," I said. No way is he trying that unless it's exactly what he's used to seeing, and they use flour tortillas at school.

"Eli, I can't believe you didn't even try this after I made it special for you," she said.

The goodwill ambassador leapt into action. "Oh, mom, I love it," he said. "I just don't want to eat it."

Site Meter