Monday, November 06, 2006

The Wii Contest!

I added that exclamation point just for the sheer excitement of it all.

The Wii Contest is this week, and here's the prize set:
1st Prize: Nintendo Wii
2nd Prize: 2 games of your choice
3rd Prize: 1 game of your choice

Here are the details. On Wednesday or Thursday or this week, I'll post the contest questions. I'm doing a weighted response system to reward people who answer quickly while still giving everyone else a chance. So anyone who answers the three contest questions correctly (within the time limit) will get "chances" in the contest drawing.

One entry per person, please.

Here's how many chances you can win, based on how long it takes you to respond with the correct answers:
less than 15 minutes=5 chances
less than 30 minutes=4 chances
less than 45 minutes=3 chances
less than 60 minutes=2 chances
less than 180 minutes=1 chance

The winner will be determined by a random drawing of all entries (proportionally weighted using the formula).

That means if you answer quickly (and correctly), you have a much better chance of winning than someone who takes nearly three hours--BUT that person does still have a chance. Plus, this introduces an element of strategy--if you're almost sure of an answer (but not totally sure), do you guess in order to answer sooner and get extra chances, when missing the question knocks you out of the contest altogether?

The caveat: I don't even have a pre-order for myself at this point, let alone the contest winner, but the contest winner will receive the Wii as soon as I can find the second unit (sorry, Eli 5.3 and I get the first one).

Here's one hint on the contest questions. I'm still trying to help Graham Wilkinson & the Underground Township get more exposure, so I guarantee that two of the contest questions will be about music on their Myspace Music page here. They're a fantastic band, they're going to be huge, and I'd just like to help them along if I can.

No lyrics questions, at least not if I can help it, because I want you to listen to the songs, not just read the lyrics. And if you wait to listen to them until the contest questions are announced, you might not be able to do it in time, because I have a feeling you guys will crush that Myspace Music page during the three contest hours.

Also, if you listen to the songs and would like to get one of their CD's, I have five available. Just e-mail me with your address and I can send you one (I'll post an update when they've all been claimed). [UPDATE: All CD's are now spoken for--thanks]

Site Meter