Wednesday, May 09, 2007

I Just Remembered Smething (Rock Band)

I would have mentioned this in the previous post, but it didn't even cross my mind until now.

1UP reported this last month:
Let's rest one fear, right off the bat. IGN recently ran a story that claimed Guitar Hero controllers purchased for the PlayStation 2 versions would not work on Rock Band. Jason Booth, one of the many Harmonix developers participating on the official Rock Band message boards, confirmed this is incorrect. "For some reason, IGN posted that Rock Band will not be compatable [sic] with Guitar Hero guitars. I thought I'd drop in and let you know that this is not correct," he said.

That story is here.

That brings up an interesting possibility--maybe there won't be a SKU for the game+guitar bundle, but if you still have the controller from the 360 version of Guitar Hero II, for example, you won't face an additional cost for the controller.

I still think they need the $89.99 game+controller SKU, though.

Site Meter