Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Blade Runner: The Final Cut

The first time I saw Blade Runner in 1982, I was disappointed.

Today, I have no idea why.

I never suspected back in 1982 that Blade Runner would become, by far, my favorite science fiction movie of all time. I've seen the various versions at least half a dozen times, and it's incredibly rare for me to even see a movie twice.

What I've been waiting for, though, is a meticulously restored HD version. And it's finally coming out December 18th as a Collector's Edition (which includes the new "final" cut, the 1982 theatrical version, the 1982 international version, and the 1992 Director's cut, the workprint, and a full-length documentary, along with about a hundred other things).

In HD-DVD and Blu-Ray. And regular DVD as well.

I know I've mentioned this at least once previously, but I'm writing about it again because I saw a link from N'Gai Croal's Level Up blog to a long interview that Ridly Scott did with Wired, and it's fantastic reading. You can read the interview here.

Site Meter