Monday, October 01, 2007

Rock Band Official Release Date

This was announced on Friday, but the official release date of Rock Band in the U.S. is now November 23.

Black Friday, in other words. The day when crazed post-Thanksgiving shoppers assault the malls and everywhere else at 6 a.m. Or earlier.

I'm not crazy about that (the day before Thanksgiving would have made much more sense), but the price for the full kit is going to be only $169.99.

That's good P.R. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Harmonix/MTV were the ones who discreetly floated the $199.99 price to begin with. They lowered our expectations. Then they come in $30 under and we're all thrilled. If the speculation had centered around $149.99 and they came in $20 higher, we would have been outraged.

I read the announcement and went into the kitchen, where Gloria was standing at a counter. "I just wanted to let you know that on November 23, I'll be AFL," I said.

"AFL? What is that?" She asked.

"Away From Life," I said.

"Is that one of your strange gaming terms?" she asked.

"It is now," I said.

Site Meter