Thursday, March 13, 2008

February NPD Numbers

Analysis on Monday, but here's the data (thanks Gamasutra):
Wii - 432,000
PlayStation 2 - 351,800
PlayStation 3 - 280,800
Xbox 360 - 254,600

I normally wouldn't include numbers for a last-gen console, but the PS2 number is so staggeringly large that I included it. And this is another very strong month for the PS3.

The comment I made earlier today about a new SKU for Microsoft is doubly important with these numbers. They can claim inventory issues all they want, but they can't afford to be outsold by Sony in the U.S.

Nintendo, of course, continues to be amazing. They basically sold as many units as the PS3 and 360 combined.

One last note: I haven't seen anyone mention this yet, but I believe February is a five-week period. [Update: No. It's a four week period, which means these numbers are huge.]

Site Meter