Wednesday, December 17, 2008

You're With Me, Leather

On Tuesday nights, I'm with Eli 7.4 from 5 p.m. onwards, which gives Gloria some time to go out and do whatever she wants to do.

Like get hit on.

"So I was sitting at dinner, reading Harry Potter," she said, "and a man walked up to me."

Uh, oh," I said. "Dear Penthouse Letters. I never thought it would happen to me, but..."

"He said 'I saw you reading this weighty tome, and being an avid reader myself, I just had to ask what it was.' "

"He sounds rather noble," I said. "Was he, by any chance, the Duke of Dorkus?"

"I told him I was reading Harry Potter," she said, laughing," and he said 'my son reads Harry Potter. So, are you traveling? Because I'm just over here at the bar having a drink.' "

"From Potter to panties in one smooth sentence," I said.

"I couldn't believe it," she said. Gloria gets hit on all the time, actually, but she only rarely realizes it.

"I don't know what to tell you," I said, "but based on this, I think illiteracy is a highly viable option."

Site Meter