Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Made In China

Gloria and Eli 7.10 are off on their annual summer trip to Hellport. That means from this morning until Friday afternoon, I'm by myself.

I mentioned earlier this year that one of my goals was to write three short stories. As it turns out, I'm writing one, but it's almost long enough to be a novella, so I'm counting it as all three.

It's title is "Made In China," and it still needs a lot of work. The writing is not the difficult part for me--it's the structure. I'm too undisciplined when I write fiction, and I like to start writing with only a loose framework defined. It's fun to write that way, but it's also ultimately more work, because I have to do more rewrites.

So that's what I'm going to do for these four days. I'm going to try to get in 20-25 hours of work on the story. And I promise you that you'll be able to read it by the end of the year. Some of you will like it very much, and some of you won't.

That means Dubious Quality is going to be live on tape this week. I've already written the week's content, and it will be posted daily. But I'm probably not going to check e-mail, at least not until Thursday night.

Writing this story is important to me. I'll try to explain some day.

Site Meter