Tuesday, January 12, 2010

In Fine Form

I should note before I tell this story that it was (incredibly) 18F here Friday morning, and the high for the day was about 30F. That's arctic weather for us.

Eli 8.5 was absolutely bouncing off the walls on Friday when I picked him up. When we reached our traditional snack spot (Einstein's, iced sugar cookie), he opened the car door, yelled "GO! GO! GO!" and sprinted into Einstein's. After he ate his sugar cookie and we were ready to leave, he said "Dad, hold the door open for me!", and when I did, he sprinted through the door and ran down the sidewalk at top speed.

"Dude, you are totally hyperactive today," I shouted after him.

"NO RECESS!" he yelled back, still sprinting.
***

Eli was humming a song this weekend, and it sounded familiar, but I couldn't quite place it. "What is that song?" I asked him.

"Oh, it's this," he said, and started singing (to the tune of The Battle Hymn Of The Republic):
I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves
I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves
I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves
And this is how it goes.

"It certainly does," I said.

"I know," he said. "I just can't get it out of my head."
***

After Eli's shower Monday night, he came to get me (to say good night) and I walked up to his room. Gloria walked in and said that she was going to take a quick shower, then walked down the hall to the master bathroom.

A short time later, Eli said "Dad, I forgot--I need to show you something in the bathroom. Come on." I got up and followed him as he walked down the hall.

He walked into the bathroom, and I heard him say "Whoa. EXCUSE ME." He walked back out, looked at me, half-covered his mouth, and stage whispered "Noood."

Site Meter