Monday, August 02, 2010

Backbreaker Patch

Patch details were released today, and it's a long list. Epic long.

What I will say that is strongly in favor of these devs is that they clearly listened to the community. Literally, every single complaint I had about the game is (allegedly) addressed in the patch, with the single exception of the two-minute offense not being mentioned.

It's very impressive when a team tries to address the entire body of legitimate community complaints. I'm not sure I've ever even seen that attempted before.

It seems incredibly unlikely that with the huge number of fixes contained in the patch, the game will be balanced properly, but I'm more than willing to try it out again. It's incredibly exciting to play, and I definitely do think the animation system represents the future of sports gaming. This is a game that I really, really want to like, and I want to play it, but it just fundamentally has to work.

Site Meter