Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Wonders

"Dad, I can name the Seven Wonders of the World," Eli 9.0 said, as we sat at the dinner table (I have no idea why we weren't watching television). "The Great Pyramids, the Taj Mahal, um--" he paused.

"My study," I said. "Recently added." Gloria laughed.

"I can name the Eight Wonders of the World," he said. "Dad's study, the Great Pyramids, the Taj Mahal"--he paused again--"well, I forgot a few of them."

"For some reason, I remember the Hanging Gardens of Babylon as being one," I said.

"What's that?" he asked.

"They don't exist anymore," I said, "so I'm not really sure. Do you want to know what replaced them?"

"Oh, no," he said. "Here comes a joke,"

"No, seriously," I said. "Do you want to know what replaced them?"

"What?" he asked.

"A Sonic," I said.

"I knew it!" he said.

Site Meter