Draft Day Sports: Pro Basketball 2Gary Gorski let me know this weekend that a new version of Draft Day Sports: Pro Basketball 2 is ready for release. Press release below.
Wolverine Studios is proud to announce that Draft Day Sports: Pro Basketball 2 will be released exclusively from www.wolverinestudios.com tonight, October 4, 2010.
DDS:PB2 puts you in the role of general manager of your favorite basketball team and includes the following new features and more:
• Player Personalities and Media Interaction : Interact with the media who will question you about things happening with your team as well as the players who interact with each other in all new ways thanks to new chemistry and relationship variables
• New Salary/Contract options : An expanded financial system allows you to deal with restricted free agents, team and player contract options and the ability to retain draft rights on rookies you don’t want to sign right away
• Playable European leagues : Play as a team in either the professional or development league or take on an overseas team in one of nine extra in game leagues
• Expansion : Leagues can participate in an expansion process and draft – recreate history just exactly as the league expanded
• Progressive Injury Healing : Players will heal progressively now allowing you to risk them coming back too soon if your team needs their production back in the lineup ASAP
• The Summer of 2010 : This was the biggest summer ever in basketball – you have the option of starting the season as of today or going back and redoing the summer. Can you make things happen differently for your favorite team?
A fully playable demo is currently available from www.wolverinestudios.com and more info and discussion on the game can be found in our forums at http://www.wolverinestudios.com/forum/.
Those are significant upgrades for what was already a deep and interesting strategy game.