Monday, January 10, 2011

The Sports Wayback Machine

I sent this e-mail to Seattle Seahawks fan and DW Fitness Advisor Doug Walsh at 3:21 p.m. on Saturday (9 minutes before the Seahawks-Saints game started):
Okay, I know this is crazy, but the last time I heard so many people say the other team didn't have a chance was before Super Bowl III, when the Jets beat the Colts.

Of course, if I'd had any nerve I would have posted it here. On Saturday.

If you're wondering what a seven-year-old (my age for Super Bowl III) would have heard about football, the answer is "a lot." The first thing I did in the morning before school was read the sports section of the newspaper while I ate my breakfast. I'm not sure if I had a Sports Illustrated subscription then, but I know I had one by the time I was nine.

By the way, by law you are required to see Marshawn Lynch's touchdown run. Go here and choose the "Lynch's TD seals upset of reigning champs" link.

Site Meter