Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Sheen Family Circus

This is a link that just can't wait.

I've been wanting to mention Charlie Sheen for a few days, because he's been giving uniformly bizarre interviews everywhere, and he's clearly headed for some kind of massive psychological breakdown.

And yet...it's kind of magic, isn't it?

Seriously, the things he's been saying are instant classics. Consider:
--“I am on a drug. It’s called Charlie Sheen. It’s not available because if you try it once your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body.”
--“What’s not to love? Especially when you see how I party. It was epic. The run I was on made Sinatra, Flynn, Jagger, Richards and all of them look like droopy-eyed armless children.”
--"I'm just tired of pretending my life isn't just perfect and just winning every second, and I'm not just perfect and bitching and just delivering the goods at every frickin' turn."
--"I'm dealing with soft targets, and it's just strafing runs in my underwear before my first cup of coffee."
--"We are high priest Vatican assassin warlocks. Boom! Print that, people!"

That's a very small sample, really, of the last week or so. My favorite: when asked by a reporter if he was bi-polar, Charlie responded, "I'm bi-winning!"

There's also some tremendous collateral comedy. In particular, there's Sheen Family Circus, which is one of the single greatest ideas for a website that I've ever seen. The premise for the site: "If Billy, Dolly, Jeffy and PJ lived like Charlie Sheen.

Genius.

Site Meter