Thursday, May 12, 2011

Young Eli In Love

Three months ago, we were eating dinner at Central Market, and the table next to us had two teenagers who were holding hands and making goo-goo eyes at each other.

Eli leaned in toward me and whispered, "WHAT are they DOING?"

I smiled. "Hey, you'll be doing that someday," said.

"Excuse me," he said. He leaned over the railing, pretended to put his finger down his throat, and made a very convincing throwing-up sound.

"Noted," I said, and we continued eating.

Last week, we were walking out a store together, and a girl who was a couple of years older than him walked by. A few seconds later, he said, "Did you see that girl?"

"Yes," I said.

"She was hot," he said.

And so it begins.

In the last three months, his defiant attitude toward ever liking girls as anything more than friends has collapsed faster than the former Soviet Union. He has an official crush now, and while he still has many good friends who are girls (which I like), there's no question that girls are conceptually becoming dual-purpose.

Site Meter