Monday, September 22, 2014

Monday Train Wreck

Eli 13.1 had a scrimmage out of of town last weekend (his team outshot 48-10, he had 45 saves and they lost 4-3 in a shootout), and while we were gone, I caught some kind of respiratory virus. So I felt like crap today, then at 1:30 Eli called from school and said he was sick, too.

With something entirely different. What are the odds?

At about 4 p.m., with Gloria holding down the fort, I decided to go get some chicken soup for dinner, and Chic-Fil-A was the closest place. I drove up and here's what I saw:


Seriously? So that's been my day.

Eli and I have this very odd synchronicity about illness, and we've had it for years. I don't get sick very often, but when I do, he's usually sick with 36 hours. It's never the same illness, though. I know he's not faking, and he's often more sick than I am, but it means I never get enough rest when I'm ill, which is exhausting.

So no additional posts today. I'm going to get what rest I can and hopefully be better tomorrow.
b


Site Meter