Gridiron Solitaire Press Release (for review)Okay, I've put together a press release and I'd like feedback, please.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Austin, Texas - August 25, 2015 - Gridiron Solitaire major release 1.3
Inspired by classic games like TV Sports Football, Front Page Sports Football, and Fairway Solitaire, Gridiron Solitaire combines football strategy with a solitaire-style card game for a new sports experience.
This is a card game for all kinds of players. Fans of casual games will enjoy a 15-minute experience full of excitement. More hardcore fans will appreciate the use of real NFL data and the excellent A.I., as well as the ability to generate realistic stats.
A full tutorial assists new players, who will be up and playing in about five minutes, thanks to game rules that are not complex but lead to a wealth of strategic decisions.
The new release features multiple card decks to choose from, as well as all-new interface screens, along with revisions to defensive gameplay and the in-game announcer. It all adds up to the best football experience you'll have this fall!
• A game world with almost unlimited depth. Create a 16 team, fully customized league, then play for up to 30 seasons.
• Guide your team through a 15-game regular season and playoffs. You can choose to play or sim each game.
• Unique gameplay combines football strategy with card play, and includes thousands of possible events to influence the action.
• Behind the scenes is a quality sim. Real NFL data is used in every aspect of the game.
• Experience roaring crowds and dynamic sounds in a true football atmosphere with 8 hand-crafted, vibrant stadiums.
• See a customized newspaper headline after every game you play, based on your performance.
• Offseason draft gives you a chance to improve your team ratings.
• Visit the team museum to review past seasons and see all-time franchise leaders.
• Custom difficulty levels let you tailor your experience from casual to the ultimate challenge.
“Gridiron Solitaire is a marvel: an elegant design with deep and intricate underpinnings. It’s the most straight-up fun I’ve had with a football game since Tecmo Super Bowl.”
--Phil Scuderi, Red Door Blue Key
Gridiron Solitaire is $7.99 and available for purchase on Steam, the world's leading digital distribution platform:
So there's going to be a price drop to $7.99, as you can see. And every time I send the press release to a website, I'm going to e-mail it to someone specifically and include a Steam code.
Here's the list of websites/youtubers I've identified:
10 Dollar Gaming
Buy Some Indie Games
Casual Game Revolution
Colony of Gamers
Games for Gamers
Gamers With Jobs
Indie Game Reviewer
Indie Games The Weblog
Indie Games Searchlight
Indie Game HQ
Jay is Games
Los Angeles Times
Out of Eight
Pixels for Breakfast
Rock, Paper Shotgun
The Game Jar
The Married Gamers
The Video Game Backlog
Tradition Sports Online
True PC Gaming
Wraithkal's Indie Gaming Corner
If you know of someone I'm missing here, or you have recommendations for a specific contact at one of these websites, please let me know.