Monday, May 09, 2016

Grease Fire!

We got back from Salt Lake City on Sunday night.

I caught the plague while I was there. No rest, though, because there are a ton of people in the house fixing little things so that we can put the house on the market next week. Plus Gloria is leaving on Wednesday to go to Grand Rapids to look at houses.

So I'm sick, I can't get rest, I can't get any work done, and I'll still be sick when Gloria leaves, because the doctor said 7-10 days and I'm only on day 3.

On the positive side, Eli 14.9 played very well. Only 3 goals given up on 56 shots (.946 save percentage) over four periods. He also fought off being sick (he'd been sick for three days before we left, and I probably caught what I have from him).

The bad news? There were 12 goalies at camp, and they're only taking 1 to Nationals. I'm guessing it's between him and 3 other kids, and they're going to notify us by Thursday. Everyone at the camp--staff, parents, and kids--were tremendously nice and it seemed like everyone had a great time.

Here are a few pictures to hold you over until I can actually write again.






Site Meter