Monday, October 10, 2016

Sick Burns: A Historical Survey Request

I can't stand to watch Presidential debates, because I find them extremely stressful.

I do, however, enjoy all the sick burns on Twitter while the debates are happening.

I won't quote any of these burns, because--depending on your voting preference--you might feel The Rage Of One Thousand SunsĀ®. It did, however, spark a discussion.

"So I'm wondering," I said, "who had the first sick burn?"

"Probably Jesus," Eli 15.2 said. "Plenty of sick burns in the New Testament." That's true. You could make a strong argument for Job, Chapter 38, as a tremendously sick burn, probably calling for immediate medical attention.

Shakespeare was quick with the sick burn as well, but he came much later.

So here's the question: what's the first sick burn? How far back does this go?

Site Meter