Wednesday, February 01, 2017

Can We Get An Ambulance For This Guy?

I'm an unabashed LeBron James fan.

In my lifetime, he's the greatest NBA player. To me, he's better than Jordan and Bryant, and it's not even that close. He's a force of nature, totally unselfish,  he makes everyone on the floor better, and his basketball IQ is off the charts.

Plus, I think he's a decent guy.

Jordan wasn't, really. Kobe Bryant is an asshole. The only thing James did was leave Cleveland and their awful roster to go win championships, but he came back and won one for Cleveland, too.

Anyway.

Charles Barkley has been riding James for years. This is the same Charles Barkley who was too lazy to ever get into real NBA shape, wasting(to a degree) his incredible talent. Barkley had a Hall of Fame career, but he could have been even better if he'd just had the discipline and the will to be great.

Plus, he was kind of a dick when he was a player. And selfish.

A few months ago, Barkley said that James will never be considered a top-five player in NBA history (unlikely), then last week he called him "whiny". There's been much more, stretching back years, but those are the most recent examples.

James, apparently, has had enough. Here's his response:
“I’m not going to let him disrespect my legacy like that,” James told ESPN. “I’m not the one who threw somebody through a window. I never spit on a kid. I never had unpaid debt in Las Vegas. I never said, ‘I’m not a role model.’ I never showed up to All-Star Weekend on Sunday because I was in Vegas all weekend partying.

“All I’ve done for my entire career is represent the NBA the right way. Fourteen years, never got in trouble. Respected the game. Print that.”

Somebody call 911.

Site Meter