Monday, October 15, 2018

Puzzler

Here's a thought experiment to start us off this week. I don't know why this popped into my head last weekend, but it did, and I thought it was interesting.

You can have one of these three things: wealth, a spouse, or children. They are mutually exclusive. Which would you choose?

A few distinctions here. "Spouse" means any committed, theoretically permanent, relationship. Don't assume that you get the perfect spouse or perfect children if you choose them, or that wealth would would come without any problems. Assume they all have problems, to some degree.

I'm curious about how people would answer this, particularly as they get older. I know I would have picked wealth when I was younger. That would be the least important of the three now.

If you want to share your thoughts on this, send me an email and I'll use excerpts in a follow-up post (anonymously, so people can speak freely).

Site Meter