Monday, February 17, 2020

Your Four-Class Personality Test

I should have realized this a long time ago.

Role playing games have always had the four basic character classes:
-warrior
-mage
-ranger
-thief or assassin, depending on the game

Because I'm dense, I never thought about what these choices say about who we are, particularly if we make them all the time.

I realized this, finally, because I realized my choice has changed.

To start off, I've never chosen the warrior class. Zero interest. That's why I've never been able to get into the God of War series, even though I've played a couple. Aggro has never been interesting to me, not in my entire life.

What I chose for a long time was the mage class. Probably all the way into my mid-thirties. Enormous power, but channeled with intelligence.

In the last month, though, I realized something: I haven't chosen the mage class in a long, long time. Now, I always choose the thief class. The stealthy one, the one who gets by on their wits without any special powers.

That's definitely a personality shift, and it's not just in class selection. Do you know what perfection would be in terms of professional status for me? If people knew my name as having written a profound book, but had no idea what I looked like. No one would ever recognize me on the street. I would just have done it, and other people would know, and that would be enough.

When I was younger, I wanted to be recognized. A magic user, showy spells, lots of magic missile fireworks. Now, though, I'd rather be in the shadows.

Site Meter