Wednesday, April 01, 2020

The Future

"I wonder if hologram video calls are being researched now?" Gloria asked. "Because people might want to see a more realistic representation of someone on a video call."

"It's too realistic for me already," I said. "Plus, what is the first question you'd ask if you had a virtual hologram?"

No answer.

"I'll give you a hint," I said. "Does this hologram--"

"Make me look fat?" she said, laughing.

"So then people spend all their time adjusting their holograms to make them much better looking than they actually are, and then there will be a flood of articles about how people would rather spend time with holograms than people because they're better looking."

"It wouldn't work, anyway," Gloria said. "I can barely get my audio to work on conference calls, let alone a hologram."

"Sorry, guys," I said. "I'm going to have to reboot my data cube and clear the virtualization cache. It should take about an hour."

Site Meter