Thursday, June 11, 2020

PS5

Sony had a "big" online event where they showed a bunch of games that will be coming out on PS5.

Um, okay.

Here's a link so you can see everything: The biggest announcements from Sony’s PlayStation 5 reveal event.

They showed a ton of games, which is good. The PS5 itself looks like something from Tron, which I'm never going to complain about. The new Gran Turismo looked sexy and GTA V looked mediocre (graphically).

Nothing seemed extremely "next-gen."

I don't know, am I just getting old? Maybe a slight bump in graphical fidelity, but that's not what I expect after SEVEN YEARS.

Plus, expect both of the new consoles to be very expensive at launch, because they're both going to be supply constrained. Pretty severely, I believe. So they will absolutely both at at least $499, and $599 wouldn't surprise me.

It also wouldn't surprise me at all if there is a real paucity of games at launch. Schedules worldwide have been impacted by COVID-19, and development schedules leading up to a new console launch are already notoriously tight already.

In the meantime, I think Nintendo will sell every Switch they can make between now and the holiday season.

I'll definitely get one of the new consoles, but it would be nice to see something more dramatic before I commit.

Site Meter