Wednesday, May 05, 2021

Honestly, It Looked More Dramatic in Person

While editing this morning (you don't want to see the pages, trust me), I looked out the balcony window. 

I do this, sometimes, when I've lost flow or can't think of the right phrasing.

A few minutes earlier, a dark and overcast morning had started to give way, grudgingly, to a tiny sliver of blue sky. Now it was this:






What made this so striking to me was the pleasing geometry of the blue sky. The clouds were rolling across the scene, mostly, but they were also moving up ever so slightly, thus revealing the sky behind. It was an amazing effect, unfortunately not fully captured by my aging cellphone camera (I'm fixing that in the next month or so). 

There is a light at the end of the tunnel when it comes to the book. Definitely a light. Hopefully it's not a train.

Site Meter