Saturday, August 21, 2021

For Anyone Who is Better at This than I Am, Which I Assume is All of You [Update: Ideas Received]

[UPDATE: Good ideas received. Thanks very much!]
Ikea:



















Those are two edges of a bed frame. They're supposed to just magically slide together and be flush. According to instructions and assembly videos, that is. 

Nope, nope, nope. 

There are four of these mysterious junctions. They all look like that. It's three dowels and two metal screw-type things, and I can't get even one of them flush. 

The little metal wheel dealies are red herrings. They don't even have a function until the edges of the frame are flush.

Hammer? Oh, yes, I've hammered. It's brought them closer, but still not together. And maybe I'm just not willing to really cut loose and Paul Bunyan the whole deal, but I don't want to risk destroying it. 

Ideas accepted at the front counter. 

Site Meter