Monday, February 07, 2022

Spotify

Not that it will mean anything in the larger context of things, but I cancelled my Spotify subscription. I like their music player, and I like how they present information, But Joe Rogan broke my back. 

The older I get, the more it means to me to not support assholes. It's not always possible to follow this rule, and it can get complicated, but even little things can be meaningful in a personal way. 

It's not just COVID misinformation, although it's a large part of it. It's also things like this
In another clip, Rogan spoke to a guest who has parents of different skin colors. "Powerful combination, genetic-wise, right?" Rogan said. "You get the body of the Black man and then you get the mind of the white man all together in some strange combination... that doesn't, by the way, mean that Black people don't have brains. It's a different brain. Don't get me wrong."

That's incredibly racist and about a dozen other terrible things in one paragraph. 

He'll keep making money for Spotify, but Spotify won't make any money from me. 

Site Meter