Thursday, October 27, 2022

Jury Duty

When you're growing up, the best day in your life is the last day of school each year. 

When you're an adult, the best day is getting excused from jury duty. Which I was today, after only five minutes (because I'd moved, I was no longer eligible to serve). 

I did spot one interesting fellow in the room before I left. Most people just brought in their phones. This guy brought in a newspaper, two drinks, a large bag, and a giant lunch container with a strap. Dude was geared up for Jurygeddon. 

I left the courthouse, free as a bird, because I felt like a king. I went and got a scone at my favorite bakery, and there was no line, because I was king. I stopped to get a haircut without an appointment--and got one--because I was king. 

It's good to be the king. 

Site Meter