Tuesday, November 29, 2022

A Lightness in Your Step

I noticed something when I took the cinnamon rolls out of the oven on Thursday. 

They felt lighter. 

"These cinnamon rolls lost weight," I said to Eli 21.3. 

"Does that happen?" he asked. "I don't think it does."

I Googled. "Bread loses 10-20% of its pre-baking weight through loss of moisture. You know what this means, don't you?"

"I do not," he said. 

"It means you could have perfectly baked cinnamon rolls or bread every time if you weighed it before it went in the oven. No more visual checks. You have a scale under the pan in the oven, and when it's lost the pre-determined percentage of weight, it's done."

"That is absolutely the most unnecessary thing to do ever," he said.

"I agree," I said. "But it doesn't mean I don't want to do it."

Site Meter