Tuesday, December 13, 2022

The Antique Mall

I've never been to an "antique mall" before. 

Almost nothing in an antique mall is actually an antique. Maybe nothing, actually. It's just different collections of stuff, and if you take your time, you find some bizarre and amazing things. 

Like this:









Yes, that's a chain gang for your what, exactly? Miniature railroad? Holiday display? That scores very highly on the creepy scale. 

Then there's this:











"Get MORE than you bargained for" is both confusing and remarkably offensive. What a shame these didn't catch on. 

One more, and I'm so disappointed that the pages were cut out:











I mean, I guess we all sit amongst the cabbages, right? I did a little research and it appears this was a gag/novelty item, back in the day, so I think the pages were intentionally blank (there were pages, but just the borders, no text). 

Someone needs to start working on the words immediately. 

Site Meter