Monday, December 05, 2022

Well

This bland missive comes to you courtesy of the Parks and Recreation department, where I'm leeching wi-fi after business hours because the house lost power five hours ago and it still hasn't come back yet. There are over a million people in the Grand Rapids metropolitan area, and right now. 25 don't have power. 

Hooray. 

Eli 21.4 finished applications for his top three choices next year (one is the Fulbright, which I've already discussed). He finds out if he's a finalist for any of them within about four weeks. All would require him deferring entry into grad school for a year, which isn't a problem, since he hasn't even applied to grad school yet. 

He has to survive for eleven more days. This semester, he's taken four classes, taught another, finished three major applications for programs/grants, played intramural football, and been in a hockey league. Oh, and started a GeoGuessr club on campus that hosted its first tournament last Saturday with nine universities competing. Even for him, the pace has been extreme. 

Last week, he called me on Friday and said he needed me to bring his hockey stuff down, because he'd forgotten they had playoffs. I said fine, then texted him this Saturday morning.
In exchange for assembling your 
bag and bringing it to Ann Arbor, 
I demand one large, high-quality 
chocolate chip cookie in return. 
That is all.

When I got there, he gave me a big hug, carried his bag to his car, and said, "Let's go get your cookie." 

We did. 

Site Meter