Monday, December 19, 2022

Update: Almost

I was really hoping today's post would be a link to Amazon to purchase The Man You Trust.

Instead, I'm playing whack-a-mole, because the automated system Amazon uses to check submitted files is telling me there are text elements too close to an edge of the cover. This in spite of Amazon having already printed out proof copies of the book where the cover looks perfectly fine. 

Making it more difficult is that there are no details on which elements are in violation. 

The good news is that everything else is fine, so if I can just get this cover submitted properly, it should be approved within 48-72 hours. 

This is all I'm doing today until it's approved. 

The eBook version, unfortunately, is delayed, because an error was discovered for people using iBooks on the Mac (certain images are being cut off at the right edge). iBooks automatically scales images in certain ways to fit a vertical container without considering the width of the image, and it's apparently caused a real problem in the scientific field where books are table/image heavy. I don't want people to have a problematic experience, though, so I'm going to put out the paperback version now and tend to the digital version after the holidays.


Site Meter